This is a very common question!
Australia is a hugely popular destination for Brits despite it being on the other side of the world. It is also the most popular destination for expats too, indeed there are more Brits in Australia than the whole of the EU27!
It’s not hard to see why Australia is so popular. Gorgeous beaches, year round sun and friendly locals who share many traits with us.
Partly due to the endearing relationship between Britain and Australia, there is a number of reciprocal agreements in force, including one for healthcare. This is why many Brits question whether they need insurance Downunder.
Well the answer is yes, you do need to take out insurance to cover your health in Australia. Ambulances for instance are not covered under any reciprocal agreement and will costs 1000s of dollars even for short rides.
If you are heading to Aussie then make sure you have health cover. We have listed below a number of insurance companies that cover Australia.
Alpha Travel Insurance
– Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
– You can return home twice on their long stay insurance
– 14 day cooling off period
– Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
– Long Stay Cover for Worldwide and European trips as long as not travelling against the advice of the FCO
Online quotes from £19.00
LV Travel Insurance (no age limits)
Choose from either Essential or our 5 Star Defaqto rated Premier cover which offers: Up to £10,000 cancellation cover for illness, All pre-existing medical conditions considered, No upper age limit for single trips, Cruise cover automatically included on annual policies, You can choose to add cover for baggage and winter sports and we also have cover for cruises.
10% online discount on LV= Travel insurance
> Get a quote from LV Travel – Link not working? try this
Get Going Annual Multitrip Travel Insurance
As specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price. When you have an existing medical condition, whether it is asthma, high blood pressure or something more serious like cancer, they can provide peace of mind and cover
Example Quote* – £39.88 (Get Going Standard Single Trip)
Explorer Insurance Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
Up to £250 total valuables limit to replace your stolen or damaged items and cover your watches and sunglasses
£5 million medical expenses cover
£5,000 holiday cancellation cover
Kids go FREE on family policies
Example Quote* – £37.49 (ES Single Trip Plus)
Just Travel Cover (NO AGE LIMITS) Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
Just travel have developed travel insurance with cover for pre-existing medical conditions and travel insurance with no age limit, suitable for travellers over 65.
– Travel insurance cover for single trips up to 183 days
– Travel insurance cover for cancellation
– Provide cover for most medical conditions and there are no age limits
Example Quote* – £30.24 (Beyond Travel Silver)
> Get a quote from JUST TRAVEL INSURANCE – Link not working? try this
Travel Insurance for Medical (up to 99)
Optional Independent Traveller Insurance to provide cover when individual elements of a trip are booked separately, rather than as part of a package. This enhancement also provides cover for flights cancelled or delayed as a result of travel disruption caused by a volcano.
– No wardrobe worries – up to £2,500 for lost luggage
– Loss or theft of your passport covered as standard
– Travel cover for up to six months
Quotes from- £29.22 (Med Policy)
Columbus Direct Insurance Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
For single trip, annual multi trip, ski, backpacker, business, holiday, family, or even pre-existing medical travel insurance, you can get an instant quote and be covered immediately!
– Cover available for pre-existing medical conditions
– Up to £2,500 baggage cover including valuable and delayed baggage
Example Quote* – £46.55 (Bronze Single Trip)
With Jet2Insurance.com single trip insurance you can have complete peace of mind for the duration of your holiday, from 3 days to 3 weeks or more!
Medical Emergency & Repatriation (up to £10,000,000)
Cover up to 85 years of age
Quotes from- £23.00 (Med Policy)
Good to Go Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
– Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
– Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
– Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* – £67.34 (Silver Policy)
Saga Travel Insurance (NO AGE LIMITS)
For weekend breaks to one year trips Cruise cover provided as standard!
– Cover most pre-existing medical conditions.
– Covers any age
Example Quote* – £62.56 (Saga Single Trip)