Don't let being over 88 put you off travelling as there are many companies now that will cover older people for all sorts of medical conditions. Here are some of the example trips the the travel insurance provider below will cover:
- Travel Insurance Over 85 to Spain, France and Greece
- Older cover for trips to Southeast Asia for the over 85s and 90s
Alpha Travel Insurance
- Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- You can return home twice on their long stay insurance
- 14 day cooling off period
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
- Long Stay Cover for Worldwide and European trips as long as not travelling against the advice of the FCO
Online quotes from £19.00
> Quote from ALPHA INSURANCE - link not working? try this
Get Going Annual Multitrip Travel Insurance
As specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price. When you have an existing medical condition, whether it is asthma, high blood pressure or something more serious like cancer, they can provide peace of mind and cover
Example Quote* - £39.88 (Get Going Standard Single Trip)
> Get a quote from GET GOING - Link not working? try this link opens in same window
Columbus Direct Insurance Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
For single trip, annual multi trip, ski, backpacker, business, holiday, family, or even pre-existing medical travel insurance, you can get an instant quote and be covered immediately!
- Cover available for pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £2,500 baggage cover including valuable and delayed baggage
Example Quote* - £46.55 (Bronze Single Trip)
> Get a quote from COLUMBUS DIRECT - Link not working? try this
Good to Go Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
- Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
- Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* - £67.34 (Silver Policy)
> Get a quote from GOOD TO GO INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
This is separate to the arrangements for UK citizens living in another EU country, who cannot use EHIC in the country they live in but are entitled to the same state-funded healthcare as citizens of that country.
EHIC works in any EU country, as well as Switzerland, and the European Economic Area (EEA) countries of Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.
It will continue to work for as long as the UK is in the EU, while Brexit negotiations continue.
According to the current timetable, that is until midnight on 29 March 2019.
The UK has reciprocal health insurance deals with a few non-EU countries too, including Australia and New Zealand, under which visitors can receive free urgent treatment.
These will be unaffected by any forthcoming EHIC changes.
Copyright SolSure - Travel Insurance comparison and reviews