Older people in the UK, the new wave of Silver Surfers are making up an increasingly large groups of travellers to far away shores. These intrepid over 55s are becoming more adventurous than ever before and are going far further than the usual two weeks in Greece or Spain.
One of the biggest issues this new group of holidaymakers face is being able to find affordablle travel insurance to cover any medical costs they may incur. As you get older unfortunately the likeliehood of needing medical attention also creeps up and this is often represented in higher premiums.
Here are some of the example trips the the travel insurance provider below will cover:
- Travel Insurance Over 80 to Spain, France and Greece
- Older cover for trips to Southeast Asia
- Long stay travel insurance for the over 80s
- Long weekend insurance cover to European cities.
Alpha Travel Insurance
- Doctor managed medical emergency helpline 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- You can return home twice on their long stay insurance
- 14 day cooling off period
- Cover includes cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents and much more.
- Long Stay Cover for Worldwide and European trips as long as not travelling against the advice of the FCO
Online quotes from £19.00
> Quote from ALPHA INSURANCE - link not working? try this
Get Going Annual Multitrip Travel Insurance
As specialists in medical travel insurance, they understand the difficulties of finding the right medical travel insurance cover at the right price. When you have an existing medical condition, whether it is asthma, high blood pressure or something more serious like cancer, they can provide peace of mind and cover
Example Quote* - £39.88 (Get Going Standard Single Trip)
> Get a quote from GET GOING - Link not working? try this link opens in same window
Columbus Direct Insurance Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
For single trip, annual multi trip, ski, backpacker, business, holiday, family, or even pre-existing medical travel insurance, you can get an instant quote and be covered immediately!
- Cover available for pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £2,500 baggage cover including valuable and delayed baggage
Example Quote* - £46.55 (Bronze Single Trip)
> Get a quote from COLUMBUS DIRECT - Link not working? try this
Good to Go Single Trip to Multiple Destinations
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides travel insurance cover to travellers of any age, with or without pre existing medical conditions. They can also cover your travelling companions on the same policy.
- Pre existing conditons such as Cancer, Heart Conditions, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy and many more
- Single trip and annual travel insurance with no age limit
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
Example Quote* - £67.34 (Silver Policy)
> Get a quote from GOOD TO GO INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
The claim: EU citizens in the UK, and UK citizens in the EU, will be able to use their European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) after the UK leaves the EU.
Reality Check verdict: If you are already living in another EU country on the day the UK leaves the bloc, that is correct, your EHIC will continue to work.
After that date, for EU citizens wishing to travel to the UK or UK citizens wishing to travel to the EU, it is unclear about what will happen because no deal has yet been reached.
At a press conference with the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier, the Brexit Secretary David Davis talked about the progress that had been made on citizens' rights in the latest round of Brexit talks.
He said both the EU and the UK had agreed to protect existing EHIC arrangements.
Copyright SolSure - Travel Insurance comparison and reviews